KETO BUTTERY SCONES
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener recipe notes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons ¾ stick unsalted butter, frozen
- ¼ cup unsweetened cashew milk or heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean about 8 inches long, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the almond flour, powdered sweetener (if using powdered), baking powder, and salt. Cut the butter into ½-inch squares, then use your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients. When you are done, the mixture should still have chunks of butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cashew milk, egg, and liquid sweetener (if using liquid) until blended. Using a fork, stir the milk and egg mixture into the flour mixture until large clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the side of the bowl, forming 8 balls.
- Place the balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.