Chicken and Waffles With Hollandaise Keto and Paleo Friendly
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 cup coconut oil or bacon fat for frying
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese or pork dust if dairy-free
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
FOR THE WAFFLES:
- 3 cups shredded zucchini Fine sea salt
- 1 cup powdered Parmesan cheese recipe notes (or pork dust if dairy- free)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil if dairy- free, softened 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Hollandaise store-bought, for serving
- To make the chicken, place 1 cup of coconut oil in a 4-inch- deep (or deeper) cast-iron skillet over medium heat and heat it to 350°F. Meanwhile, prepare the egg wash and breading: In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs. In another medium-sized bowl, mix the 1½ cups of Parmesan cheese and the pepper.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized nuggets. Dip the nuggets into the egg mixture, then into the cheese mixture, coating each nugget well. When the oil is hot, fry the nuggets in batches for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the batter has a nice golden colour. The exact timing will depend on how big you make the nuggets.
- To make the waffles, heat a waffle iron to high heat. Place the shredded zucchini in a colander over the sink and sprinkle with salt. Allow to drain for 4 minutes. Squeeze out the excess moisture. Place the zucchini in a medium-sized bowl. Add the 1 cup of Parmesan, butter, and eggs and mix well. Grease the hot waffle iron. Place 3 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture in the center of the iron and close. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the waffle is golden brown and crisp.
- To serve, place 2 waffles on each plate and top with 2 chicken nuggets. Serve smothered in hollandaise. Store extras in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through, then top with the hollandaise. To reheat the hollandaise, see here.
brown and cooked through. Again, the exact timing will
depend on how big you make the nuggets
Is A Fatty Liver Reversible? Fatty Liver Diet Plan and Menu Here we tell you everything you need to know about the fatty liver diet, menu, recipes, tips, and tricks. Did you just get diagnosed...
Lose weight and surprise your friends with your transformation. Follow our exclusive weight loss tips, healthy diet, and workout routine for teenage girls-all backed by science and recommended by...