Browned Butter Mocha Latte | Keto | Low Carb
Delicious Keto Low Carb Latte
- Immersion Blender (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter (or butter-flavoured coconut oil if dairy-free)
- 1¼ Cups unsweetened cashew milk (or hemp milk if nut-free)
- 2 tbsp 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener Make sure its 0 calorie
- 3 tbsp hot brewed decaf espresso or other strong brewed decaf coffee
- 1 tsp Whipped cream (Optional)
- Place the butter in a saucepan over high heat, stirring, until the butter froths and brown flecks begin to appear, about 5 minutes; this is browned butter. If using butter-flavoured coconut oil, heat the oil just until melted.
- Reduce the heat to medium and slowly whisk in the cashew milk; it will sizzle as you add it to the browned butter. Heat until warmed through. (At Trans4m, we heated it to between 145°F and 165°F.) Stir in the cocoa powder and sweetener. If desired, insert an immersion blender and blend until the mixture resembles a frothy latte, about 1 minute.
- Pour the espresso into a large mug. Add the hot milk mixture and stir well. Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream and a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Keto Tiramisu Muffins (Super Easy) A great make ahead keto breakfast FOR THE MUFFINS:½ cup coconut flour or 2 cups blanched almond flour½ cup Swerve...
Pumpkin Cheesecake Keto | Low Carb A delicious keto and low-carb dessert Crust2 tbsp Powdered Erythritol2 tbsp Butter1 Cup Almond Flour or ground walnuts½ tsp Pumpkin SpiceFilling16...