Keto Lovers Omelet
- 1 Tbsp Ghee or Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Ghee (used in seperate step) or Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Onions diced
- ¼ cup Mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp Green or red bell peppers diced
- ¼ cup Ground pork or beef
- ¼ tsp Fine sea salt
- 4 Large Eggs beaten
- ¼ cup Canadian bacon diced
- ¼ cup Sharp cheddar shredded
- 2 TSP Green onions for garnish
- ¼ cup Salsa
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the ghee in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers and cook, stirring, until the onions and peppers are soft, and the mushrooms are golden. Add the ground meat and sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Season with ⅛ teaspoon of the salt.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, Canadian bacon, 2 tablespoons of water, and remaining ⅛ teaspoon of salt and stir well. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of ghee and swirl to coat the pan. Pour in the egg mixture. Cover and cook until the eggs are almost set. Remove the lid and sprinkle in the cheese to cover the entire omelet. Place the vegetable filling on top of the cheese.
- Fold the omelet in half and place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with additional cheese and green onions. Serve with the salsa and sour cream.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a sauté pan over medium heat for a minute or two, until warmed through.