Keto | Paleo Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding Recipe
Something Delicious for Breakfast or Dessert
FOR THE BREAD:
- ½ cup vanilla egg white protein powder or beef protein powder
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of powdered stevia or erythritol recipe notes
- 12 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
FOR THE PUDDING:
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk or almond milk or full-fat coconut milk if nut-free
- ½ cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk if dairy-free
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener recipe notes
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean about 8 inches long, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter (or coconut oil if dairy- free), softened
- ½ cup strong-brewed cinnamon tea or unsweetened cashew milk or hemp milk, warmed
- ¾ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To make the bread, preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 11 by 7-inch baking dish.
- Sift the protein powder and sweetener and set aside. In a large clean bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy (save the yolks for making ice cream). Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat until the whites are very stiff (when sufficiently stiff, you will be able to turn the bowl upside down and the whites won’t fall out). Add the vanilla, then quickly fold in the protein powder mixture and cinnamon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely, preferably in the refrigerator overnight. When completely cool, cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- To make the bread pudding, preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 11 by 7-inch baking dish. Cover the bread cubes with the cashew milk and cream; set aside. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, blend well. Pour the egg mixture over the soaked bread and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until set. Let cool in the pan.
- To make the glaze, place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Once the bread pudding is cool, cut it into 12 pieces and pour about 2 tablespoons of the glaze over each piece. Note: The glaze will separate if it sits out and gets too warm. If that happens, puree the glaze again until smooth.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
The bread can be made a day ahead, saving you time the day you bake the bread pudding
Serving: 1servingCalories: 305kcalCarbohydrates: 5.5gProtein: 18gFat: 20.8gSaturated Fat: 12.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 99.6mgSodium: 372mgPotassium: 280.9mgSugar: 1.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Keto | Low Carb A delicious keto and low-carb dessert Crust2 tbsp Powdered Erythritol2 tbsp Butter1 Cup Almond Flour or ground walnuts½ tsp Pumpkin SpiceFilling16...
Browned Butter Mocha Latte | Keto | Low Carb Delicious Keto Low Carb Latte Immersion Blender (Optional) 2 tbsp Unsalted butter ( (or butter-flavoured coconut oil if dairy-free))1¼...