KETO GARLICY CHEDDAR BISCUITS AND GRAVY
- FOR THE BISCUITS:
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup blanched almond flour plus extra if needed 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons very cold unsalted butter or lard if dairy-free, cut into
- ¼- inch dice
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese cut into
- ¼- inch dice omit for dairy-free
- FOR THE GRAVY:
- 10 ounces bulk pork sausage crumbled
- ¼ cup minced onions
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese (Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- 1 cup beef or chicken bone broth homemade or store-bought
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Cut in the cold diced butter until the butter pieces are pea-sized or smaller. Gently fold the dry mixture into the egg whites. Fold in the cheese. If the dough is too wet to form into mounds, add a few tablespoons of almond flour until the dough holds together well.
- Using a large spoon, dollop the dough onto the greased baking sheet (or into the greased muffin cups), making 8 biscuits total. Bake for 11 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy: Place the sausage, onions, and garlic in large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sausage is browned. Gradually add the cream cheese and broth; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a gentle simmer, thickens, and becomes smooth. Reduce the heat to medium- low and simmer for 2 minutes to thicken the gravy further, stirring constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, split the biscuits in half. Place 2 halves on a plate, then top with about ⅓ cup of the sausage gravy. Repeat with the rest of the biscuits and gravy.
- Store extras in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the biscuits on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Reheat the gravy in a saucepan over medium-low heat until warmed, stirring constantly. If the gravy has become too thick, add a little water when reheating it.
Keto Tiramisu Muffins (Super Easy) A great make ahead keto breakfast FOR THE MUFFINS:½ cup coconut flour or 2 cups blanched almond flour½ cup Swerve...
Pumpkin Cheesecake Keto | Low Carb A delicious keto and low-carb dessert Crust2 tbsp Powdered Erythritol2 tbsp Butter1 Cup Almond Flour or ground walnuts½ tsp Pumpkin SpiceFilling16...